Fresh Mommy

Thursday, July 20, 2006

How (and where?) to Begin?

So here I am. Blogging. Chose a name. Picked a template. Now what? How do I begin?

My good friend and blogger extraordinaire Staci Schoff suggested I blog. "You convey everyday events in a funny way," she said. By "everyday events" she means taking a crap at Target (which I do frequently). But, I don't know, is it okay to just start off with potty humor (which, by the way, if you don't like, this might not be the page for you)?

My in-laws supply a seemingly endless stream of material. There's the time my father-in-law asked my husband to clean the skidmarks off the bottom of the toilet bowl with just some toilet paper and his hand, for instance. (Oh, there I go with the bathroom talk again. I'm sorry.) Or my mother-in-law and how everything's "fine." My daughter could be choking on a chicken bone (God forbid) and her response would be, "She's FINE!"

Not that my parents are perfect either. My mother is the opposite of my mother-in-law -- nothing's fine and, in fact, she might be having a stroke at this very moment. If it's not a stroke, it could be cancer. Or maybe a heart attack. We're not sure yet. We'll get back to you on that one. And my father just likes to watch Jerry Springer and Judge Judy all day, but he'll never admit to it.


And my husband -- wow, forgot about him for a moment. Maybe I should mention to him that I'm doing this. But then he'll just try to put the kibosh on stories about his family, and believe me, that's where a lot of the material is. A lot.

Of course, I called this blog "Fresh Mommy," so maybe I should start by talking about being a mommy. Maybe I should talk about my baby girl, so sweet and so cute, and not really a baby anymore. How when I say, "Can I have a kiss?" she replies, "NO!!" Fresh girl.

So, I don't know, how should I start this thing? Decisions, decisions. I'm going to eat on it and get back to you.




6 Comments:

Blogger MommyWithAttitude said...

Ha!

See, I told you you're funny!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That seemed like the perfect way to begin.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Welcome! You're hilarious. I can already tell you're going to be a must-read. Don't worry about what to write or how it will work. It just will and then before you know it you'll walk around life constantly thinking - I think I'll blog that.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm adding you to my blogroll. You are hillarious!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Fresh Mommy said...

You like me! You really, really like me!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! As soon as I can figure out how to create blogrolls and all that, I'll return the favor.

9:09 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

May I suggest that you don't share your blog with the world you know? Or, perhaps that is too forward. I found that I got very stiffled once everyone and their brother that I knew read it (thanks big sis). But that's just me.

I added you to my blogroll as well. It's been a while since I've found a blog that made me laugh out loud!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home